- What is Code Club Australia?Code Club Australia is a nationwide network of free, volunteer-led, after-school coding clubs for children aged 9-11. We create projects for our volunteers to teach at after school coding clubs. The projects we make teach children how to program by showing them how to make computer games, animations and websites. Volunteers go to their local junior school or other venue, such as a library, for an hour a week and teach one project a week. See our about page for more.
- Where are you based?Code Club is a small team based in Sydney. We are part of the Code Club World network based in the UK. Our team here formed in 2014 and we’ve been growing ever since!
- Can I see the materials you teach?Yes! See our resources page, which will give some examples and link to the Code Club git repository (another website where we keep all our projects).
If you’re planning to volunteer, note that we’ll send you more information on how to use these materials when you’re ready. Get in contact first!
- Can I get involved?
- Can I work for Code Club?We occasionally hire paid positions to help us drive our mission of getting a Code Club into every school. If you are interested, take a look at our LinkedIn network page for updates on open positions.
- Do you run Code Clubs in school holidays?Some of our clubs operate in libraries. These clubs may run school holiday sessions free of charge, but Code Club is generally designed to run alongside or within a school-day programme.
- Can I donate to Code Club?You may contribute to Code Club, and that is much appreciated! We have a short form that we need you to fill out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Can my company sponsor Code Club?Yes! If you are a company interested in sponsoring us, please get in touch via our contact form. Your contribution may be financial, or you may be able to encourage your talented staff to volunteer!
- I'm from the press, can I have an interview about Code Club?Yes! Please contact us to say hello.