Volunteer an hour a week at a Code Club and make a difference!
Become a Code Club Volunteer
Volunteering for a Code Club means making time an hour a week to lead a lesson for kids. You can join an existing club looking for volunteers, or you can host a club at a safe, public venue.
You don't need a lot of experience to start. Code Club has great projects, resources, and guides to help you get going. Our community of 2000+ leaders can support you along your journey! First step is to be enthusiastic about making a difference!
- Be available for up to one hour a week to help with a Code Club session.
- Commit to volunteering for at least one school term (10-12 weeks).
- Make time to prepare for the Code Club session (usually 45 mins to print resources or complete the project before teaching it).
- Organise a free Working with Children Check (application process may vary by state).
- Be confident with computers and how to navigate them (mainly to webpages).