Moonhack Micro:Bit 2023 Competition
Code Club Australia Moonhack Micro:Bit 2023 Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is being run by Telstra Foundation Limited (ABN 66 099 895 413) of 242 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 ("we", “us” or “our”).
3. The promotion starts on September 1, 2023. Entries close and must be received by 5pm AEST on September 30, 2023 ("promotion period").
Who can enter?
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents. All submissions must be made by a person over the age of 18.
How do you enter?
5. To enter, you must, during the promotion period:
Register for Moonhack 2023. Clubs can share their registration on social channels. Entries must tag @CodeClubAus or #moonhack to be sighted by the panel.
Entrants may make multiple submissions.
This is a game of skill and the winner will be selected based on the creativity and relevancy of their response. The competition will run until 5pm AEST September 30 2023.
The winning entries will each receive thirty (30) single Micro:Bit v2.21 Go.
6. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect or illegible, or offensive (as determined by the promoter in their sole discretion) will be deemed invalid.
7. This is a game of skill.
8. There is one (1) prize to be won. The prize will consist of thirty (30) single Micro:Bit v2 for the school, library or Code Club of the winning entry. Total prize pool is valued at $1045.
9. Judging of all entries received during the promotion period will take place from 10am AEST 1 October 2023 by selected panel members of the promoter.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The one prize will be awarded to the eligible entrant judged to have the most creative and relevant entries from all the entries received.
11. Decisions relating to prize winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Notification of winners
12. The winner will be notified by email by 6 October 2023.
13. If the winner(s) is unable to accept the prize it will be forfeited and distributed at our discretion.
14. All other ancillary costs not expressly provided for are the responsibility of the winner.
15. Each entrant is only eligible to win one prize. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
16. By accepting a prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. We reserve the right to use your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
17. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with the prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
18. If the winner’s chosen is under 18 years of age, the parent or guardian must sign a form permitting the guest to participate in the prize before the guest is, in fact, permitted to participate in the prize.
19. The promoter reserves the right, at any time, and in its sole discretion to (a) request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry and (b) disqualify any entrant who the promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.'
19. Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period.
20. We are not liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves us.
21. We are not responsible for any variation in the value of a prize.
22. If we are unable to provide a winner with a prize (or part of a prize), we will supply an alternative prize (or that part of the prize) of greater or equal monetary value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
24. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the promoter or its employees, agents or contractors for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
25. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winners, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winners. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
26. By entering this promotion, you acknowledge and agree that it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook/Instagram, and you release Facebook/Instagram from all liability and claims in relation to this promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion should be directed to us and not to Facebook/Instagram.